.................................................................................................................................

Friday, July 30, 2010

Tennessee so far...

Blake and I are loving this house! I was so excited when we found it and thought we got such a great deal on it. Now that we're living in it and have seen other students' houses, we KNOW we got a great deal. The down falls i'm learnig of Tennessee? Bugs bugs bugs! Everywhere! The spiders are the size of the shoe I use to kill them and it seems all the other crawly-things are on steroids too. Also, obviously, the humidity. It's unbarable! Our towels don't dry off after we use them and my skin is always sticky. I can't walk to the end of the driveway without dripping sweat (which is actually saying a lot since our driveway is at a 90 degree angle).
The town we moved is small, but so gorgeous! The tress are tall and so green and the hills are covered with everything pretty. The people are so dang friendly! It's true what they say, don't go to the store here unless you've got an hour or two! People just talk your ear off about nothing and I love it! We've met some friends from Blake's school and some from church. We alrady belong to a softball and a soccer league and have a neighbor that texts everyday :)





Our Back Yard :)
We already miss evveryone from home and hate not having parents around! We can't wait for some visitors ;)

2 comments:

  1. Your place is GORGEOUS, and looks all brand new! LUCKY GIRL! I loved Tennessee and am hugely jealous you get to live there. You'll get use to the humidity, I did at least, and I was only there 2 months. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun house! We are excited you guys are just a few hours down the road...we'll have to definitely plan a trip to come see you one of these days! I feel for you and the humidity...Ohio sucks in that departement as well :)

    ReplyDelete